Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Stop! And smell the roses.

This happened 3 days ago


I feel amazingly at peace with the world.
Kinda cool considering just yesterday I was at an all time low. Maybe its PMS. Yesterday was a terrible terrible day. I couldn't even sleep.

But today.

Today.

Today, I stopped and smelled the roses.
After a whole day of studying in the LSE library I call "second home" now, I went back, somewhat exhausted. But I decided to go out for a walk by myself.

I bought a chicken pie from Kowloon Bakery in Chinatown on Gerrard Street (its actually pretty good) and walked to Leicestor square while eating. The chicken pie reminds me of the Prima Deli one back in Singapore. Other things you can try there are the green bean pastry/ cake, and the banana cake.

Bought a smoothie from Tesco's and sat in Covent Garden on a bench, watching the world go by.




Strolled back home, stopping by Neal's Yard deli to get a herb cheese bread for a pound, take away. And munched on it while I walked back to the hall. By the way, Neal's Yard is a beautiful hidden little area in Covent Garden you should go check out. Its so colourful, and has some interesting little shops. A little bohemian hideaway!

Marvellous.

No comments: