Monday, April 16, 2007

Overdue Easter Egg, Gray's Anatomy and Cheap tickets to NY

I was watching Gray's Anatomy (my 2nd time watching TV since I got here!!!) with Kumiko and Gladys yesterday as we ate our 1 week overdue Easter Egg. Yes, I succumbed and bought a 5 pound easter egg with Kumiko, all in the spirit of Easter!! (overdue but hey I ate too much junk last weekend..need to spread the unhealthy food out) IT WAS YUMMIE. and so pretty!

Belgian Chocolate! Pretty Packaging..


Kumiko looking all happy as she picks her "poison" (death by chocolate?)


Little Chocolate in Big Chocolate egg!



Anyway, in the episode we saw, a woman's fiance was diagnosed with a heart problem They were like...40s? And then cos she couldn't handle the pressure, she broke off the engagement. What a @##$. It makes me so cynical about the ideal of love.

But. On the other hand.
How many of us would care for a sick man lying in his bed for the nest 10 years of his life? IF we were only engaged? OR even if we were married, how much love does it take for us to do that? X amount to get married X+Y amount to make a huge sacrifice? It reallly got me thinking...... Such a complicated issue. How does one consider emotions and rationality on the same page?

And on a lighter note. I'm booking my plane tickets for New York in summer. Or thinking/ trying to. I've been getting terribly indecisive these days. Must be the wonder of the internet. haha. FLEXIBILITY is the name of the game nowadays!
www.flyzoom.com has 129 pound one way tickets to NY!!! sO CHEAP! Its a Canadian budget airline. Go check it out if you have plans... BUT the downside is. You have to pay 3 quid for headphones (fine by me) AND I think baggage limit is 20kg.
Total price comes up to about 260 pounds.

I coulda gotten roundtrip on a proper airline..Air Canada for 240 pounds with one stopover..but indecisiveness kicked in and after 12 midnight the price todays is 340 pounds. AAHHHHH
This is why people who plan ahead tend to be rewarded with cheaper air tickets, hotels etc etc

No comments: