Monday, April 02, 2007

Kingston and Hampton Court

Finally, a beautiful day in UK where I am NOT sitting in my room studying.. (like i am today cos of exams). On Sunday, I threw my books one side and took the train to Kingston, an area southwest of London, where Hampton Court Palace was..right next to the River Thames.


I went there yesterday with Justin, who had gone to run a marathon and I joined him after it! This is the Kingston town center, where the finishing line was
Hampton Court Palace where the Tudors used to live, including King Henry...who had 3 wives i think!
Cute little boy in the gardens!! :)

The palace gardens are beautiful, so many swans..
The Gardens in spring....and not even in full bloom yet!
Squatting ah beng or ah lian? :P by the River Thames, as we head off to Kingston, a town near Hampton Court Palace. Its about 5km away and because of my foot..i think we took over an hour
The path along the river, there were some boat houses there...i don't think i can live in a boat..sea sick

Then we went to this pub along the Thames river, next to Kingston bridge, called Bishop not in Residence (what a weird name) for a drink just before dinner...and the sunset was amazing... Erm..pre dinner drink cos my foot still really hurts and after 1 hour I super needed to sit down

I think Singapore needs more bridges and plants and stuff...but our humidity is quite a turn off... and the smoke also! at least here when pple smoke..my nose is too cold to smell it.. HAHA

No comments: