Monday, March 26, 2007

France/ Paris



Taking the metro
Steak Tartare!





My parents and sister came to visit me in Europe and the day after arriving, we were off to Paris on the Eurostar. It was my first time..and I was a tad apprehensive..but it was good. I think i prefer trains. No stupid liquids rule or super long check ins. The toilets are as dirty though..hahaha
We reached Paris in the afternoon and made our way to the hotel...it was quite nice....we had booked the Comfort Inn on venere.com, near the Les Gobelins station. We rested a bit and off we went to do the usual Parisian sight seeing.
AND I also met up with Michelle, Gracie and Yan Bin who are on exchang in Paris...Michelle tried Steak Tartare!!! which is RAW minced beef ( a french thingie)

Things I learnt:
1. The French are a little snooty with us Asians, unless we are Japanese
2. Raclettes is putting Cheese on the food n not food into cheese (which is fondue)
3. Chinese food in Paris SUCKS (my mum was craving)
4. My parents are getting old.... its time for me to look after them more.
5. Cabin bags that you drag along are a pain when you take the train to your hotel
6. Some parts of Paris are gorgeous..others are butt ugly
7. The Lourve is free for 26 and below on Friday and Weds after 6pm
8. C & A is a cheap department store and accessories in Europe in general are worth buying!
9. 20 Euro set meals are tourist traps
10. Crepes are all over Paris
11. Paris is walkable (not) if you have time

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lijun!

That's what I love about you. You're a world traveler, who is, by the way, currently living my dream. Wonderful pics! Hope all is going well with you.

-Jie