Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Trip to the SAHARA

More Pics? ok! haha

Desert Morning
We saw a nomad with his goats ( are those goats? haha)..... they lead a very simple life. No internet, no TV...
Our shadosws cast on the sand dunes
Our sleeping tent!!
The CAMELS! No I cant smell them..

Day 2 and 3 of our time in Marrakesh (Morocco) was spend in the Sahara Desert.
AND
Because I am too lazy to type out long stories...

Riding on the camel...I'm number 3 in the line... can you see the shadows? Its not comfortable I guarantee you. My camel apparently pooped quite a bit.. and I saw Jamie's camel pee! Camels also have amazing eye lids...
I also am not very good at balancing... check out my attempt to take a photo while the camel is moving
Beautiful Sunset...Look at the sky!!! I'm now number 4 in line cos Adeline's camel is ermz.. something wrong with it I think.. and the guy untied it and brough it in front. Did I tell you mine started to gallop halfway cos it was frightened by a truck going past?
We wake up in the morning at 5am. See our shadowns in the Sand Dunes! Brings back my Geography Days
Thats the tent where they make our food (bread with fig jam for breakfast.. and as always.. mint tea with tons of sugar)
Sunrise in the Sahara.. We slept in this tent...of carpets.. it gets cold at night but not too bad still

5 comments:

Daryl Ho said...

wow ive always wanted to know what a desert is like. Lucky you man.

and i wasnt parading ok. haha.

Anonymous said...

Man Lijun,

That is soooo damn awesome!

-Jie

ア-ネスト said...

b-e-a-u-tiful...!!!
more pics pls~~~!!!

Anonymous said...

heres the important question i've always wanted to ask:
HOW SMELLY ARE CAMELS?

Gao said...

Lijun!!

WOW, the Sahara! sooo lucky! I'm jealous! Did you graduate already? What are your plans afterwards?